TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 1 I agree to entrust to you the animal (whose details are given above), for investigation, diagnostic procedures and such medical or surgical treatment
as the veterinary surgeon dealing with the case considers necessary, and on the basis of the Terms and Conditions of Business set out below.
- 2 If a general anaesthetic is to be administered, there are signi cant risks associated with anaesthesia. I understand and accept the attendant risks,
which have been clearly explained to me.
- 3 I accept there are certain risks to the life of the patient which may occur as a result of the proposed treatment. These risks have been fully
explained to me. I appreciate that while reasonable care and attention will be given to the patient, no member of staff shall be liable for loss,
damage or injury resulting from treatment or otherwise.
- 4 I understand that certain useful drugs which are not licensed for use in horses may be administered at the discretion of the veterinary surgeon
and I fully accept any attendant risks.
- 5 I agree to pay the practice all reasonable costs and expenses that may be incurred whilst the patient is under its care, I understand that if
complications occur, costs may be in excess to those rst quoted.
- 6 I agree to the destruction of the horse on humane grounds should this prove necessary in the opinion of the attending veterinary surgeon.
- 7 If unexpected emergency life saving care becomes necessary I hereby authorise Priors Farm EquineVeterinary Surgery staff to carry this out and I
agree to pay for the costs involved. If, in the opinion of the attending veterinary surgeon, destruction on humane grounds becomes necessary then i consent to this. I understand that if I am not contactable on the telephone numbers logged with Priors Farm Equine Veterinary Surgery that this may be necessary without further consultation.
- 8 I agree that all case papers, radiographs and materials of all kinds remain the property of the practice. In the case of insured horses, I acknowledge that the insurance company has been informed that the horse has been referred to the clinic for diagnosis and/or treatment, and/or general anaesthesia.
- 9 I certify that this horse will not enter the human food chain and that the passport has been completed to that effect.
- 10 I have read and understand the points below.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS WHICH APPLY TO ALL CONTRACTS
1 Services to be performed and charges
- 1.1.1 Subject to these terms and conditions, Priors Farm Equine Veterinary Surgery (“the Practice”) shall perform such services and carry out such works (“Services”) as are expressly agreed between the Practice and the Client (which expression shall mean and include the owner of an animal, the owner’s veterinary surgeon or other agent, together and singly where the context requires, or any other person with whom the Practice agrees to provide Services as the case may be).
- 1.1.2 The Practice will charge the Client at the rates speci ed in the Price List (see 1.6 below) unless otherwise agreed.
- 1.2.1 Itemised invoices will normally be produced and rendered by the Practice to the Client. Invoices presented to the Client in person immediately on completion of a Service shall be paid in full by the Client on presentation. Other invoices shall be paid in full by the Client within 30 days of receipt of the invoice.
- 1.2.2 Interest may be charged on any amount remaining unpaid 30 days after the payment date. Interest will run at 2 per centum above the base rate of National Westminster Bank PLC from time to time.
- 1.3 Rights to sub-contract and employ agents
– The Practice may employ any person, company or rm as its agent or sub-contractor to perform all or any of its obligations or duties under this
- 1.4 Acceptance and limitation of liability
- 1.4.1 The Practice will accept liability for death or physical injury to persons caused, whether directly or indirectly, by the negligence of the Practice, but the Practice shall be under no such liability resulting from any cause other than the Practice’s negligence as aforesaid.
- 1.4.2 Save as expressly provided in paragraph 1.4.1 above:
- 188.8.131.52 The Practice shall be under no liability in contract tort or otherwise in respect of any loss of pro t, business or prize money indirect or
consequential loss or damage of any nature whether or not such loss or damage be caused by the negligence of the Practice.
- 184.108.40.206 Subject as aforesaid the liability of the Practice for loss or damage whether in contract tort or otherwise shall in no circumstances whatsoever exceed an amount equal to the charges payable to the Practice in respect of the treatment, examination, test(s) or goods in respect of which claim
is made against the Trust or the sum of £2,500, whichever is the greater.
- 220.127.116.11 No claim shall be made against any employees or agents of the Practice. For the purpose of this paragraph 18.104.22.168 only the Practice contracts as
the agent of its employees and agents.
1.5 Force majeure
- 1.5.1 Neither the Practice, nor any of its employees or agents, shall be under any liability whatsoever to the Client for non-performance, part- performance, defective performance or delay in the performance of any of the services supplied or to be supplied by the Practice hereunder, directly or indirectly caused by events beyond the control of the Practice.
- 1.5.2 Such events will include, without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, industrial action, whether at the Practice or not.
- 1.5.3 If extra work or waiting time is caused, or extra expenses are incurred by reason of any event of force majeure, such extra work or waiting time
will be charged to and paid by the Client at the applicable rates and such expenses reimbursed to the Practice by the Client.
- 1.5.4 If the method or mode of performance contemplated or anticipated by the Practice is affected by force majeure, the Practice shall be under no obligation to perform by any other method or mode but may consult with the Client and review alternative methods of performance, all the
additional expense being payable by the Client.
1.6 Price List
- 1.6.1 A current Price List is available on request from the Practice.
- 1.6.2 The Practice has the right to review the Price List from time to time.
1.7 Exclusion of other terms
These terms and conditions shall prevail notwithstanding any printed or other terms and conditions contained in any order, acceptance of estimate,
con rmation of contract or otherwise brought to the Practice’s notice.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS WHICH APPLY TO THE ADMISSION OF ANIMALS TO THE PRACTICE PREMISES
- 2.1.1 Animals will be accepted for treatment only at the request of, or with the agreement of, the owner or their certi ed agent.
- 2.1.2 The Practice is not responsible for conveyance of animals to and from its premises.
- 2.1.3 The general charges made by the Practice for keep and attention as set out in the Price List (see 1.6 above) do not include charges of a special
nature which may be incurred in particular cases (for example, the cost of special diets, drugs, operations, shoeing, harness, clothing or intensive nursing fees.