PFEVS Ltd. T/A Priors Farm Equine Veterinary Surgery
Data Protection Officer:
Duncan Harrison BVSc CertEM(intMed) MRCVS
We store some or all of the following data of clients of this practice:
Full name and title.
Postal and yard address.
Relevant telephone numbers including those of third parties related to you such as family members, yard manager, agents etc.
Relevant email addresses including those of third parties related to you such as family members, yard manager, agents etc.
Relevant professional or personal Website addresses.
Purpose of the data stored:
We store the above data to allow the following:
- Enable us to invoice you for our services
- To contact you regarding appointments
- To contact you in an emergency
- To enable us to keep an accurate clinical history
- To enable us to send you relevant documents such as passport applications, prescriptions, rehabilitation programs, useful information regarding a particular problem.
- To send you occasional relevant factual general
- information regarding this practice or horses health.
The legal basis for storing your data is:
- To fulfil the contract between this practice and you for the provision of animal care (both emergency and preventative). The provision of the data is a contractual requirement for clients of this practice.
- For the following legitimate business interests:
- Preventative healthcare
- Practice updates of equipment or staff.
- Processing insurance claims
- SMS appointment reminders
- The registration of your horse with a third party such as a breed society, passport authority or microchip data base.
- Emailing of documents relevant to you or your horse.
- Reminders for preventive healthcare such as vaccinations or dental examinations etc.
- To allow us to gather feedback on the performance of the practice to enable us to provide better care to you and your horse.
Third party recipients of your data:
The following may receive some or all of the data that we hold on you:
- Out of hours service provider
- SMS provider
- Our debt collection services
- Bookkeeping service
The period of time your data is stored for:
It is a requirement that we keep your data for 7 years.
Your rights regarding your data:
- You have the right to request your data in a readable form. We must provide access to the personal data that we hold on you within 1 month of any application received.
- You have the right to have the data held by us to be removed. You can request that your personal data is deleted or removed unless there is a compelling reason for the continued use of the data by this business.